Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

10 Oil Paintings from Photos: 3rd



My next adventure is to paint this photo of me when I was 5 years old before my tap recital. I convinced my mother to have me start dancing at age four. My mother was very adamant that I wait till five years old but I was a very independent thinker with a talent of convince my parents my view was the better one. So here I am at my second year of dancing! I continued through age 14.





Here is my quick pencil rendition.



Now looking at it on the computer I see a lot of problems but that is what painting is for. Hopefully I can fix them when I paint it.




See you tomorrow. I plan to paint as much as possible before Christmas!



December 21, 2009


I spent 6 more hours taking some time with this painting while I watched two movies.
1. "Friends with Money" with Jennifer Aniston


2. "About Schmit" with Jack Nicholson


They were both good. This is not my first time watching either movie. I am really bad like that. I get it from my mother. Mom if you are reading this ... you know what I mean.
I am happy with the painting but I have a lot of problems I hope to resolve tomorrow.
-
Oh, I have taken up a knew habit of writing down what paint colors I use.
-
This painting used 7 colors: Zince White, Naples Yellow Hue, Permanent Magenta, Windsor Green, Phthalo Turquoise, Sap Green, and Indian Red.
-
I usually keep my palette very slim, 4 or so colors but this time I went way out. Wooo?
I was talking to a lady in her sixties who has been doing portrait painting for a while. She said if I want to learn I should just move on and paint as many pieces as possible. That is my intentions so I am moving on. I am stuck with this piece but I will find what I am missing by working and painting and continuing!
See you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment