Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

10 Paintings from Photos: 2nd

"Husband's Father 30 years ago"





-
I finally started working on the next painting from a photo. I decided to pick a picture of my husband's father about 30 years ago. I like this photo, because it has an idyllic style with an aesthetic beauty and emotional pull.
-
I worked on a sketch.

Then I started on a preliminary painting.

This painting was a lot of fun. I still have more to do but it looks so much better then I expected. I work with the picture underneath the canvas I am painting on so that it is always in my view.

You might look down on me but I also listen to a movie running on my little DVD player too! I love watching movies. The movie- "Waitress" with Kerri Russell playing in the background. I love movies about women who move passed their horrible lives into their dreams! For example, the movie I watched during the painting of the two children was "Julie & Julia".

-
December 18, 2009
-
I actually did something today. See my blog: http://renewu.blogspot.com/ and you will understand the whole story. I painted more of the picture of my husband's father.
It is more colorful and deep. It is funny how hard I am on myself though. Even my husband likes this painting and I don't feel I have even touched the surface of what I could do. I just have to do more- right? Let me just say that ever since I became unemployed I realized that there is something I need to do. As the months go on I know that it is all up to me! It might take sometime but it is possible.
-
I write this blog to not only motivate myself but to motivate who ever might read this. If there is something you always wished to do, no matter how small or stupid, do it! Do what you love and only something wonderful will come out of it. I truly believe this.



Today's movie in the background is "The Terminal". I love how Tom Hanks takes on the task of getting out of the terminal by focusing on doing what he is good at. He gets a job working in the airport as a contractor just by doing what he loves. There is a lesson to be learned. Do it and it will come!
-
December 19, 2009
-

I went to a Christmas Party today but once I got home I went straight up to my art studio! I was a bit stressed out from an issue with a friend that I could not resolve and I actually thought doing some painting would help me take my mind off of it. I realized that I am finally using art to help me with other problems in my life. This is a good sign.
-

I started by turning on "Julie & Julia" again. Thankfully my husband was downstairs and did not have to hear the same movie playing over and over. The painting was going smoothly..the phone rang.

-

My friend ( not the one I was having problems with ) from Chicago called. I was pleasantly surprised. I had not heard from her in a while but we had planned on seeing each other after Christmas. We caught up on all our trials and tribulations.

-

It is probably not the best idea to paint while you are talking on the phone; however, it seemed to help me from messing it up royally. It was finished after an 1 hour or so of talking on the phone.


Top Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment