Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Portrait of Mom: Sitting on Sunday


My mom was apprehensive in sitting, because she was worried about how she would be depicted.

She watched the movie " What women want" with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt while I rushed to paint her in less then 2 hours.
My goal was to block in the shades and plains while creating a harmonious color scheme.
I have been using a lot more paint ever since my class with Jerry Weiss at Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts. That means I finish work quicker and need to buy more supplies!!!
Oh the expense.. Fun!


My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!

2 comments:

  1. hehehe! You're so funny, but it's true, we always need to get more art supplies!!! :D

    Thanks for sharing your mom's painting, it's trully harmonius. I'm so happy for you that you're able to take those classes at the Lyme Academy...

    Best always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I entered this painting of my mother to the Tolland Art Association Juried show. http://www.tollandcountyart.org/

    ReplyDelete