Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Portrait Painting Class with Jerry Weiss: The End


I expected not to accomplish something material out of this class but instead a sense of purpose afterward. The purpose is to resolve all the questions that came up as I worked. The only way to resolve these questions is to do more work... Yet I wonder if I will ever feel resolved or if this is a never ending cycle... Or is that what I love about painting and art, for that matter?
In my "day job", people say I have a knack for problem-solving. I tend to think that all my other "jobs" were to prepare me to solve my own problem.
The next class I signed up for, Figure Painting, is up in the air as to whether it will run this coming Wednesday but either way - I will be painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment