Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

John-Open Painting
























Another Saturday Open Painting session at Art League of New Britain. It was a good one in that I felt like I am progressing. I don't love the painting but I see how I am making sense of the colors in another way.

How am I making sense of the colors? I cannot pretend to know the answer. I picked up two books to figure it out but I believe this will take a lot of work time rather than book time!

John, the model, will be back in a couple weeks so that we can work on our paintings more. This is great, since I need to learn how to go back into a painting in order to solve its problems.

Problems: How do I refine the face without killing the life in the painting? How do I create active lines that have clear and distinct purpose? What is my purpose for this painting?

No comments:

Post a Comment