Join me at Facebook!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Work through it!


























I read an article in the "Art Calendar" called "The Gift of Persistence" by Matthew Daub.

The article specified that an artist's "talent" is not as important than their persistence, disciplined labor, and love of making art.

I find that one's skill comes from the consistant pursuit of one's art making. It is not easy yet everytime I work I am high on life. Although sometime while I am working I am also cursing! Just starting artmaking is the hardest thing for me to overcome.

http://www.matthewdaub.com/matthew_daub/Bio.html

Matthew Daub notes that an artist needs to:

1. set aside time everyday

2. make it a priority

3. keep a schedule

4. treat studion life as a job


But - he states that an artist needs to couple this time in the studio with time spent getting their work in front of the public. Even as a beginning artist it is important to apply to as many juried shows and get used to rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment